Strut Your Mutt – Lafayette, Louisiana
Join us on September 22, 2012 at 9:00AM!
It’s Time to Strut for Homeless Pets!
Get ready, get set, get your pooch warmed up ..it’s time for Best Friends Animal Society’s First Annual Strut Your Mutt in Lafayette, Louisiana. Join us for a leisurely morning walk to help homeless pets in the Lafayette area, and then celebrate afterwards at our ultimate doggie festival.
Who: Animal lovers in Louisiana who want to raise money for homeless pets, & have a great time with their dogs.
What: Leisurely group dog walk followed by a doggie themed celebration festival that includes pet contests, photo opp’s, treats for your dogs, fun activities, refreshments and more.
Where: Parc Sans Souci – 201 E. Vermilion St., Lafayette, LA 70501
When: Saturday, September 22, 2012 Registration begins at 7:30am (why wait when you can register online now!); walk begins at 9am. Festival ends at 1pm.
Why: To raise money for one of the participating local animal rescue groups (our No More Homeless Pets Network Partners) and Best Friends Animal Society, and help bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets.
- Individuals: $30 ($35 day-of)
- Couples: $50 ($60 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under with t-shirt: $20 ($25 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under without t-shirt: FREE
- Virtual Participant (not attending our official Strut in Lafayette): $10 (does not include a t-shirt but our 2012 Strut shirts will be available for purchase). Virtual Participants, like Individual Walkers, can raise money for Best Friends or for a participating Network Partner–but will need to join a Network Partner’s Dog Pack in order to raise money for that group.
Note: every person who is attending the event must be registered in order to participate.
To support Acadiana Humane Society choose us as the Dog Pack you join and we will receive 100% of all money raised (after transaction fees).
The top individual fundraiser and his/her dog will be recognized in Best Friends Magazine and on the 2013 Strut Your Mutt t-shirts!!
HOW TO HELP ACADIANA HUMANE SOCIETY:
1. Register to join our Dog Pack (by clicking here for the webpage!). Just be sure to choose ”Join a Dog Pack (existing team)” and then be sure to select “Acadiana Humane Society” from the drop down menu. There are different participant options – they’re all listed on the registration page and you can choose which best suits you. If you register as an actual walker BY July 9th you can help us win $1,000.00 if our rescue has the most people registered by this date among those attending the Lafayette Strut Your Mutt! This is exactly what we need to pay off our 2011 vet bills, so it would be awesome if your $30.00 donation to register could help us win this additional money for paying off our vet bill! Thank you!
2. Choose your own personal fundraising goal. This can be any amount that you feel comfortable with, but we’d love to encourage you to aim high! You can fundraise by asking friends, family, & colleagues to donate to your participation in the walk!
3. Choose your “Role”. Select Virtual Fundraiser — Registration Fee: $ 10.00 (if you can’t be here to join us). Or, if you plan to walk with us, then choose Walker – Adult — Registration Fee: $ 30.00 (if 13 or older). There are also two options for those under 12 who will be walking with an adult: Under 12, no shirt (free) or Walker – 12 & Under w/ T-Shirt — Registration Fee: $ 20.00. Please note: While any choice raises money for us, only the $30 walker choice counts towards the $1000 contest.
4. You’ll get your own personal fundraising webpage! You can personalize the page and then send it to friends and family, asking them to either join our Dog Pack or donate to our team! There are great resources for recruiting donors available on the Strut Your Mutt website!
If you’d like to support us but can’t make it on the day, you can be either be a ‘virtual’ fundraiser for our dog pack, or you can donate directly to one of our Dog Pack members.
We really hope to see you on September 22nd! Thank you for your support!
- Saturday, June 16th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, June 23rd Noon-4PM
- Saturday, June 30th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, July 7th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, July 14th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, July 21st Noon-4PM
- Saturday, July 28th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, August 4th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, August 11th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, August 18th Noon-4PM
- Saturday, August 25th Noon-4PM