Acadiana Humane Society had five animals seen at one of our vets yesterday, and we don’t have the funds to pay off the vet bill. We have a cat there today having eye surgery to try and save his ulcerated eye. Any donations would be greatly appreciated! If you would like to send PayPal donations, we have a Paypal button on our website. If you would like to send a check or money order, our mailing address is Acadiana Humane Society; P.O. Drawer C; Sunset, Louisiana 70584-0536. If you would like to make a credit card payment directly to our vets, you may do so. The vet doing the eye surgery for the cat, and taking care of the rescued Pitt bull, is Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic in Baton Rouge. Their phone number is 225-755-3838 and ask to apply it towards Acadiana Humane Society’s bill. We also still owe money to our local vet Pet Care Animal Hospital at 337-988-1100. They are the ones that have been taking care of the sick foster puppies and kittens, including the dumpster rescued kittens. We are also in dire need of Purina Naturals Dry Cat Food, Purina One, or other Purina brand cat & kitten food, as well as cat litter and small animal bedding. Please see recent older posts for more details on donating food and supplies to us. Please consider donating if you can. Thank you! http://acadianahumane.org/catblogger/
Acadiana Humane Society is out of cat food and dangerously low on cat litter and dog food! Donations of Purina Naturals Dry Cat Food, Purina One, & other Purina brand cat, kitten, & dog food, as well as cat litter would be greatly appreciated! We have a donation box in the lobby of Bridge Storage on Ambassador Caffery in Lafayette. Please text us at 337-371-5477 or send an email to email@example.com to notify us if you drop off donations so that we can send a volunteer to pick them up. Or, you can also contact us to meet you to pick up any donations directly from you. You can also send donations via Paypal using the donation link on our website. Or, send a check or money order to our mailing address at Acadiana Humane Society; P.O. Drawer C; Sunset, Louisiana 70584-0536. Thank you! http://acadianahumane.org/catblogger/
Acadiana Humane Society is currently full to capacity and is not taking on new intakes, other then returns and animals that are already on our long waiting list. Our main focus right now is to raise the funds needed to provide the vet care and food & supplies needed for the animals currently in our care, so that we can place them up for adoption. As well as trying to rehome the animals that are already ready to be adopted. How can you help?
You can help by doing one or more of the following:
- Fostering. If interested in fostering, the first step is to fill out our prescreening application. If you are approved to adopt, then you are approved to foster.
- Adopting. If interested in adopting, the first step is to fill out our prescreening application.
- Donate money. You can donate directly to our 501c3 non-profit animal rescue by using the PayPal button on the side of this webpage. You can also mail a check or money order made out to Acadiana Humane Society at our mailing address: P.O. Drawer C; Sunset, LA. 70584-0536. You can also donate directly to one of our vets if you prefer. Thanks to the Krewe des Chiens donation we paid off all of our past vet bills, and only have a newer bill at Azalea Lakes Veterinary Hospital. You can call the vet at (225) 755-3838 and ask to make a credit card donation to the account of Acadiana Humane Society.
- Donate supplies. We are always in need of the following items: Pet food (Purina brand cat food, kitten chow, dog & puppy food, rabbit food, guinea pig food, & Marshall’s ferret food), cat litter, and small animal bedding. You can contact us to arrange pick up. Or, you can leave items in the donation boxes in the lobby of the Bridge Storage on Ambassador Caffery in Lafayette.
- Volunteer. Not all volunteers foster. We always need volunteers to help print paperwork, photograph adoptable pets, return phone calls, help with fundraiser events, help with adoption events, clean cat cages at Petco & Petsmart, etc. Email us your interest in volunteering at firstname.lastname@example.org . You must be at least 18 to help at adoption events (or 16 or 17 with a parent present).
- Follow us on Facebook by clicking like on our page and share our posts. If you can’t help, maybe one of your friends will see something you share and be able to help.
We currently have adoptable cats, and sometimes an adoptable rabbit or guinea pig, at the Petco located on Settler’s Trace in Lafayette. During the month of June, and possibly the beginning of July, our Saturday adoption events will be held at Petco South (Settler’s Trace) due to the remodeling at Petco North (Louisiana Ave.). You can see our schedule of adoption events below.
ACADIANA HUMANE SOCIETY UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Sat., July 5th Holiday Weekend: No Adoption Event
- Sat., July 12th Petco 11AM-2PM
- Sat., July 19th Petco 11AM-2PM
- Sat., July 26th No Adoption Event
- Sat., Aug 9th Petco 11AM-2PM
- Sat., Aug 16th No Adoption Event
- Sat., Aug 23rd Petco 11AM-2PM
- Sat., Aug 30th Petco 11AM-2PM